Friday, December 17, 2010

Twilight

Yes, I did, I did Twilight

"Hmmm" you might ask, "why on earth would, such a  and book loving reader read Twilight?"



My answer in  review from:

The idea of a rich, hot and yet handsome boyfriend is quite appealing I do say.  The fact he's a gentleman is even more ridiculous.  Edward Cullen is such a fellow.  Twilight written by Stephanie Mayer is a classic love story where the protagonist and storyteller falls in love with a perfect man -er 17-year-old- but knows deep down inside she actually might not get to keep him.  The plot of this story was really intriguing not in the sense of it's a good book but more like it's a good story.  The characters weren't all that well developed so it was easy to turn Edward into that über hot boy who has PE with you.  It was even then easier to see yourself as the helpless Bella Swan because she was so average and plain Jane.  Of course the perfect relationship has it's ups and downs, siblings don't approve and sort of best friends gets a little jealous.

I wouldn't say Mayer has a gift in writing but I do give her a thumbs up on the idea which then sparked a whole new teen genera Dark Romance. (Dun... Dun... Dun...)  Ask most people who have read this book and really they either HATE it or they LOVE it.  I personally neither love nor hate it.  When I need a good book to fall asleep reading, I will choose this one because the writing is so easy and it's understandable.  I really didn't like all the description of the kissing, yes I've kissed a rock before I know what it's like and yes I've kissed a boy before I know what it's like.  Kissing Edward has got to be in between kissing a rock and a boy.  Another thing to complain about is the lack of imagery from the book we hardly ever know what the color of the rooms are or where the hairbrush is located on a desk.  I think all of those things are important for a story, novel, novella, book etc. to come to life and dance around.  You could take this story and put the setting almost anywhere as long as it's green and rainy.  

Continuing my discussion to the rest of the series, my favorite book out the the four is Eclipse.  That book doesn't carry as much lovy-dovy in it and it becomes possible that neither Edward nor Jacob could actually have their beloved Bella.





No comments:

Post a Comment